20140208

citat e kul!!

"In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I've been turning over in my mind ever since. 'Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,' he told me, 'just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had.'"
Ett uttjatat citat, som jag lärde mig utantill när jag första gången läste The Great Gatsby (vet inte varför, tänkte väl att det vore kul att kunna något utantill utöver Fader vår typ) och som jag nu och då tänker på p.g.a. sant.

"Female dogs are mostly/ usually very nice--plus mothers of puppies--thus why is "bitch" a pejorative? Hard to believe women started this." - Joyce Carol Oates

"Word of the day – ULTRACREPIDARIAN – Someone who gives opinions on a subject they know nothing about." – Twitter (alltså huur användbar term?!)

"My father had taught me to be nice first, because you can always be mean later, but once you’ve been mean to someone, they won’t believe the nice anymore. So be nice, be nice, until it’s time to stop being nice, then destroy them. – Laurell K. Hamilton

"Har ofantligt svårt att förstå hur rätten att bära vapen kan stå över rätten att vara barn och inte bli skjuten." – Jonas Gardell

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much." – Oscar Wilde

"We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak." – Epictetus

"Never cut what you can untie." vet inte vem som sade det ursprungligen men citerat av Lykke Li

Inga kommentarer: